Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Philadelphia Science Festival Citywide Star Party
Friday, April 20, 2018
Citywide Star Party – Friday, April 20
Approximately 20 sites across the greater Philadelphia area will host simultaneous
• Event must occur on Friday, April 20.
• Star parties must be free and open to the public.
• Event hosts must submit a detailed rain plan at the time of registration.
• Restroom facilities must be available and each site should have an area suitable for
stargazing (free from trees and/or buildings).
• Ideally, the Star Party will occur from 7:30 to 10:00 pm. If you wish to end the star party
early or start later, you must inform PSF staff at the time of registration.
• PSF Staff will provide each site with at least one astronomer with a telescope(s) and/or
other stargazing equipment.
• PSF will make every effort to provide branded signage and activity kits for each location.
• Sites are encouraged to be creative with additional activities the night of the event.
• In an effort to keep site selection fair to all registrants, sites will be ranked
according to a rubric, which will be available upon request.
Contact: Jamie Collier, Director of Volunteer Programs, the Franklin Institute. firstname.lastname@example.org
Telescopes set up for public viewing at many locations around the city.