Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Philadelphia Science Festival Citywide Star Party
April 20, 2018, 7:30 PM until 10:00 PM
is not Required
Citywide Star Party – Friday, April 20
Approximately 20 sites across the greater Philadelphia area are needed to host simultaneous
stargazing events. Demand to host star parties generally exceeds the number of sites that
we are able to accommodate, so register early!
• Event must occur on Friday, April 20.
• Star parties must be free and open to the public.
• Event hosts must submit a detailed rain plan at the time of registration.
• Restroom facilities must be available and each site should have an area suitable for
stargazing (free from trees and/or buildings).
• Ideally, the Star Party will occur from 7:30 to 10:00 pm. If you wish to end the star party
early or start later, you must inform PSF staff at the time of registration.
• PSF Staff will provide each site with at least one astronomer with a telescope(s) and/or
other stargazing equipment.
• PSF will make every effort to provide branded signage and activity kits for each location.
• Sites are encouraged to be creative with additional activities the night of the event.
• In an effort to keep site selection fair to all registrants, sites will be ranked
according to a rubric, which will be available upon request.
Contact: Jamie Collier, Director of Volunteer Programs, the Franklin Institute. email@example.com
Telescopes set up for public viewing at many locations around the city.