- Take the PA turnpike northeast extension and get off at the exit for
- Make a left turn at the traffic light after the tolls onto Rt 940.
- One mile on Rt 940 you will see a sign on the right side of the road
for Francis Walters Dam. The entrance is immediately on the left side.
Make the left.
- Follow the entrance road 2 miles until you see a parking area on the
left side (with 2 Port-A-Johns)
- Make a left onto a short dirt road. There is a rocky/grassy field
here with very good horizons.
Like Cherry Springs, there is an occasional car coming in to park or turn
around. The observing area is still about a mile or so from the water.